BR 47 SIRS
NOTE: If anyone has a suggestion for a Br 47 Outing or event, please let Kurt Heilman know so he can include it in our future Outings.
Yet to be scheduled is a BYO picnic lunch and wine tasting @ either Jacuzzi or Cline winery in 2018.
Other Outings include:
1. The St. Peter’s Chapel Christmas Concert in Mare Island on Sunday Dec. 3 @ 3 pm with a reception following the Concert at the museum.. Suggested by Chuck McDevitt. Tickets are $15 pp and are available by calling 707-557-4646 or 707-280-5742. Or stop by the Mare Island Museum, the Vallejo Naval & Historical Museum or the Vallejo ferry building.
2.. The Sewer Band Holiday Concert on Monday, Dec. 18, 2017 7 pm – 9 pm @ 10 Avenue of the flags @ the Civic Center. Bring family and friends to this wonderful annual concert. Although the concert is free, donations are appreciated and are tax deductible. We have several members or spouses that play in this band.
3. A unique opportunity suggested by Bob Gonzalez that I highly recommend. Enjoy Vintage Music and tour the lovely Victorian Home of Richard Reutlinger in San Francisco. Concerts are on specific Sat & Sun afternoons @ 2 pm (doors open @ 1:30 pm so you can tour the old Victorian before the concert.). Monica & Kurt attended the April 1 Mimi Blais concert AND thoroughly enjoyed the experience. * Dec 9 & 10 Stephanie Trick and Paolo Alderighi. *Jan 13 & 14 Sonny Leyland
The location is 824 Grove Street, San Francisco, CA 94117; the door opens at 1:30 pm and the concert begins at 2 pm; the price is $25 per person. Make the check payable to Richard Reutlinger and mail it to his home on 824 Grove St., San Francisco, CA 94117. Free champagne and snacks are served during intermission as you enjoy Richard’s fine collection of mechanical musical instruments. Be sure to mention which day you wish to attend and buy your tickets early to guarantee seating.
4. Cinnabar Theater: 3333 Petaluma Blvd. North, Petaluma suggested by Al Anderson. Contact centerstageticketing.com or 707-763-8920. Next music venues: Dec 15 – Jan 14 “My Way” a musical tribute to Frank Sinatra. $35 pp in advance.
5. Ross Valley Players: Nov. 16 – Dec 10 “The games Afoot” The danger and hilarity are non-stop on this whodunit set during the Holidays. Jan 18 – Feb 11 The Childrens Hour. Showcasing the destructive power of lies, the play depicts the experiences of the the head mistress of a girl’s boarding school. For tickets contact rossvalleyplayers.com or call 1-415-456-9555 Ex 1.
6. Marin Theatre Company: Nov 24 – Dec 17 | Bay Area Premiere “Shakespeare in Love” based on the screenplay by Marc Norman & Tom Stoppard | Adapted for the stage by Lee Hall | Music by Paddy Cunneen | Directed by Jasson Minadakis. “It makes you feel grateful to be alive.” –THE INDEPENDENT. Young Will Shakespeare has writer’s block. That is, until he finds his muse – Viola. This beautiful young woman is Will’s greatest admirer and will stop at nothing to appear in his next play. In a classic case of mistaken identity and backstage theatrics, Will’s love for Viola quickly blossoms, inspiring him to write his first masterpiece. This charming adaptation of the Academy Award-winning screenplay features live musicians and 13 of the Bay Area’s favorite actors! Contact the Box Office at (415)388-5208, email@example.com, or visit us during regular Box Office hours of operation: 397 Miller Ave. Mill Valley, CA 94941.
7. Weill Hall 2017-18 Season of great performances @ the Green Music Center @ Sonoma State University. For tickets contact gmc.sonoma.edu or 1-866-955-6040. Cost varies depending upon performances. The next performances are: Friday Dec. 1 Late night with Leonard Bernstein, Sunday Dec. 10 Philharminica Baroque Orchestra & Chorale., Friday Dec. 15 30th anniversary of The Windham Hills winter solstice …
8. Fresh Starts Chef Events @ Homeward Bound. Fine dinners cooked @ Homeward bound in Novato by renowned local Chefs. Most dinners are on Thursdays and start @ 6:30 pm. The next dinners are on Fri. Dec. 1 John Ash, and Jan 18 Joanne Weir. The cost is generally $60 pp. Make your own reservations @ 415-382-3363 ex.243.
9. Pacific Empire Chorus PEC), a Sweet Adelines Chorus, presents an all-you-con-eat Crab Feast. It will take place on Sat. January 27, 2018 at the Petaluma Veterans Memorial Building in Petaluma. Details to be determined, but generally goes from 5 – 9 PM with great singing during the Crab Feast. the Petaluma Veterans Building. Details to follow later.
Cheers, Kurt Heilman 1-415-892-2460