BR 47 SIRS
NOTE: If anyone has a suggestion for a Br 47 Outing or event, please let Kurt Heilman know so he can include it in our future Outings.
Yet to be scheduled is a BYO picnic lunch and wine tasting @ either Jacuzzi or Cline winery in 2018.
Other Outings include: 1. A unique opportunity suggested by Bob Gonzalez that I highly recommend. Enjoy Vintage Music and tour the lovely Victorian Home of Richard Reutlinger in San Francisco. Concerts are on specific Sat & Sun afternoons @ 2 pm (doors open @ 1:30 pm so you can tour the old Victorian before the concert.). Monica & Kurt attended the April 1, 2017 Mimi Blais concert AND thoroughly enjoyed the experience. *Jan 13 & 14 Sonny Leyland *Feb 17 & 18 Mimi Blais * Mar 10 &11 Ivory & Gold
The location is 824 Grove Street, San Francisco, CA 94117; the door opens at 1:30 pm and the concert begins at 2 pm; the price is $25 per person. Make the check payable to Richard Reutlinger and mail it to his home on 824 Grove St., San Francisco, CA 94117. Free champagne and snacks are served during intermission as you enjoy Richard’s fine collection of mechanical musical instruments. Be sure to mention which day you wish to attend and buy your tickets early to guarantee seating.
2. Pacific Empire Chorus PEC), a Sweet Adelines Chorus, presents an all-you-con-eat Crab Feast. It will take place on Sat. January 27, 2018 at the Petaluma Veterans Memorial Building in Petaluma. Details to be determined, but generally goes from 5 – 9 PM with great singing during the Crab Feast. the Petaluma Veterans Building. Details to follow later.
3. Cinnabar Theater: 3333 Petaluma Blvd. North, Petaluma suggested by Al Anderson. Contact centerstageticketing.com or 707-763-8920. Next music venues: Dec 15 – Jan 14 “My Way” a musical tribute to Frank Sinatra. $35 pp in advance.
4. Ross Valley Players: Jan 18 – Feb 11 The Childrens Hour. Showcasing the destructive power of lies, the play depicts the experiences of the the head mistress of a girl’s boarding school. For tickets contact rossvalleyplayers.com or call 1-415-456-9555 Ex 1.
5. Marin Theatre Company: Jan 25 – Feb. 18, 2018 “Skelton Crew”. The third of Dominique Morisseau’s Detroit cycle trilogy. At the start of the Great Recession, one of the last auto stamping plants in Detroit is on shaky ground and workers have to decide what to do with their futures. Contact the Box Office at (415) 388-5208, email@example.com, or visit us during regular Box Office hours of operation: 397 Miller Ave. Mill Valley, CA 94941.
6. Weill Hall 2017-18 Season of great performances @ the Green Music Center @ Sonoma State University. For tickets contact gmc.sonoma.edu or 1-866-955-6040. Cost varies depending upon performances. The next performances are on: Jan 12 Chanticleer, an orchestra of voices, Jan 18 Marc Cohn 25th Anniversary Show, Jan 26 Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Feb. 2 Nikolaj Znaider on violin & Robert Kuler on Piano…
7. Fresh Starts Chef Events @ Homeward Bound. Fine dinners cooked @ Homeward bound in Novato by renowned local Chefs. Most dinners are on Thursdays and start @ 6:30 pm . The last dinner (until fall 2018) is with Joanne Weir on Thursday Jan. 18, 2018. The cost is generally around $60 pp. Make your own reservations @ 415-382-3363 ex.243.
Cheers, Kurt Heilman 1-415-892-2460